Schlafly Bottleworks is a popular place during the holiday season. The free brewery tours are great way for St. Louisans to show off a local favorite to out-of-town guests and visiting relatives.
Here are a few tips to help you get the most out of your visit:
- Get There Early – Tours fill up quickly, and sometimes sell out. You can get your tickets when we open our doors at 11AM. If you have to wait for a tour, you can join us for lunch in the restaurant, have a drink at the bar, or peruse our gift shop to pass the time.
- Wear Proper Footwear – Comfortable shoes are suggested. Closed-toed shoes are required. We have some loaner shoes that you can wear, but wouldn’t you rather wear your own?
- Sample Everything – The variety of samples we offer are intended to show you the broad range of beer styles we craft. Don’t like one beer? Try the next one, and the next one, and the next one.
- Bring a Camera – After a few samples, your memory might get a little hazy. So take some pictures. For extra credit, you can put it on the interwebs and post it to our facebook page.
- Ask Questions – Tour guides love answering your questions. It makes us feel smart.
- Explore Maplewood – the surrounding historic district has dozens of independent boutiques and artisan shops. Each year, I can get all my holiday shopping done just by walking through downtown Maplewood. It sure beats the mall.
Tours leave on the hour every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from noon to 5PM.
For the holiday season, we will offer special tours on Thursday, Dec. 22nd (aka Xmas Eve Eve Eve) and Monday, Dec. 26th from noon to 5PM.