We are getting ready for the Cod & Cask Festival this weekend at the Schlafly Tap Room. On a Tuesday before a festival, everyone is gearing up.
Today, chef Andy White took me on a tour of the kitchen where they are prepping over 500 pounds of Icelandic cod and have already filled 5 massive tubs filled with fresh cut Tap Room Fries. It was an impressive sight to behold. Andy said, “this is just for Friday. We will go through 1500 pounds of cod this weekend.”
Tap Room Brewmaster Stephen Hale has nearly finalized organizing 33 different casks of 12 different styles into a tastefully color-coded excel spreadsheet. Thanks Stephen! As an event organizer, nothing is more beautiful than well formatted excel files.
Look forward to 5 guest casks to be tapped on Saturday at 3PM.
- 4 Hands: Chocolate Milk Stout
- Civil Life: Irish Dry Stout with UK Challenger hops
- Kirkwood Station.: Porter with Madagascar Cocoa nibs
- Perennial Artisan Ales: Black Walnut Dunkel
- Urban Chestnut: Trafalgar- English Pale Ale East Kent Goldings Hops
Also these Schlafly Beers on cask:
(note not all casks available at all times)
- American Brown Ale
- American IPA
- Coffee Stout
- Dry-Hopped APA
- English IPA
- Scotch Ale
- Vanilla Milk Stout