Sticky Toffee Pudding Featured on Daily Candy with Recipe
Our sticky toffee pudding was is a featured recipe on Daily Candy Online. Here’s the link: www.dailycandy.com
Sticky Toffee Pudding
(Serves six to ten)
For the pudding
1 lb. dates, chopped in food processor
2 c. hot water
2 tsp. baking soda
5 oz. unsalted butter
1 lb. sugar
5 lg. eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 lb. all-purpose flour
2 tsp. baking powder
For the sauce
1 lb. dark-brown sugar
1 lb. butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Grease a 9-by-13-inch pan with butter and coat lightly with flour; shake out excess flour.
3. Combine dates with hot water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Remove from heat and add baking soda. Set aside to cool.
4. In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar on high speed for 3 minutes.
5. With mixer on low speed, add eggs one at a time until fully incorporated. Add vanilla extract, flour, baking powder, and salt.
6. When fully mixed, add the dates and their liquid.
7. Pour batter into greased pan and bake in preheated oven until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean (30-45 minutes).
8. Cool on a baking rack before removing from the pan.
9. For the sauce, stir together the brown sugar, butter, and vanilla extract on low heat until blended and brown sugar has dissolved. Remove from heat.
10. Whisk heavy cream into the brown sugar-and-butter mixture.
11. Spoon warm sauce over a serving of the pudding and top with a dollop of freshly whipped cream.
The Schlafly Tap Room, 2100 Locust Street, St. Louis (314-241-2337 or schlafly.com).
Photo: Janelle Jones